Friday, June 19, 2009

Weekend With The Family!

My family comes to visit today

After being apart from my family for almost 3 weeks now, I’ve started to miss them immensely. I have to admit, I’ve missed the constant bickering between my 10 year old sister Hanissya and my baby brother Malim, the arguments I have with my Stepdad about who’re the better football team; Manchester United or Arsenal (obviously Arsenal), and of course my mom’s nagging about where I’m going, what I’m doing and how long I’ll be gone for!

Life back home is always so alive, active and full of noise! Whereas life for me here, on this mystical island is so relaxed, quiet and a somewhat, isolated (in a good sense!) And now, both my worlds are going to come together as one!

1.30 p.m. – After checking out of The Mutiara Burau Bay Resort, I made my way to the Langkawi International Airport to await the arrival of my family. According to Mom, their flight is schedualed to touchdown at 4.00 p.m. sharp. With time to kill and blog entries to catch up on, I decided to head to Starbucks to pick a cosy spot, open up my laptop and start editing photos for my next blog entry.



3.55 p.m. – Eager and overly excited about my family’s arrival, I saved my documents, packed up my laptop and parked myself at the very front of the arrival hall so they would spot me the minute they arrived into the airport!

As the crowd rushed out of the arrival hall doors, I pictured my little brother and sister wandering out of the doors, with my parents not far behind them. I could imagine my Dad’s warm smile and my mother’s comforting hugs, followed by the ‘How are you?’, ‘I miss you!’ and ‘you’re so dark now!’

And then right then, in the middle of my musing, I heard a boys voice screaming out, ‘BAMBAM!!!!’ It was my baby brother Malim racing out the doors followed by my little sister Hanissya right behind him, and behind them my parents! Everything then played out just how I imagined it, with the hugging and the screaming over each other and everything in between.

With everything sorted out, we made our way back to The Sheraton Resort!



After settling into our rooms and having a bit of rest, we decided to have dinner at the Sheraton’s ever popular, Spice Trader Restaurant, where we would be eating Indian and Arabic delicacies! Yum!

The ambience inside the restaurant very relaxed with low lighting and softly playing music in the background.

On this particular night, there was no ala carte food items served, only the buffet items were out tonight. That was good for us because we were all starving!

The selection of food items on the buffet line were delicious, with a mix of Indian and Arabic dishes such as; Chicken Masala, prawns cooked in chili and tumeric, tabouli salad, hummus dip and many more! There was even a kebab corner where you can assemble your own kebab with a meat selection of lamb, chicken, prawn or fish.

Their desert selection was also delectable with Arabic candies and pastries such as baklava and my favourite, Om Ali, which is an middle eastern interpretation of the bread and butter pudding, only with the addition of cornflakes, almonds and spices.
During dinner, we were pleasantly surprised to be entertained by traditional Malaysian dancers! Both the male and female dancers would perform various dances from different parts of the country and also different occasions, such as the Tarian Lilin (Candle Dance), Joget Kampung and many more.

After dinner, we walked along the pier which faces out to the sea, telling old stories of our past and reliving funny moments that we all remembered before heading home.

All and all, today was great! Having my family around, coming back to one of the most beautiful Resorts in Langkawi, and then enjoying a delicious meal with great entertainment.. What a great way to kick off my weekend with the family!



No comments:

Post a Comment