Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Dubai Airport Pictures 2010

There is something terribly wrong with dubai international airport I find myself destined to spend many endless hours in this place. At first i thought it was cool and liked their whole duty free stores but after a 7 hour trip from London to dubai with some guy snoring on your right and another guy that keeps on shoving on your left, compounded by the fact that you got on the airplane at 10:00pm after waking up at 9:00am, and DIA (Dubai International Airport) becomes this vortex for nothingness. The next available flight to Riyadh on emirates is at 6:30pm emirates time and they almost have one flight everyday(they don't have flights everyday) but it just makes no sense to me ?!?!?! Why would Emirates not run 2 flights daily (like they do between Dubai & NewsYork) Dubai is growing based on Saudi investment (recent calculations are at 62Billion Dollars in investments spent from saudis in dubai in 2005 alone) which means that a grat investment oppertonity would be to try and simplify access for saudis. But what you see is that they have the worst Riyadh to Dubai flight schedule of the day (leaves Riyadh 9pm arrives at dubai 11:30pm) forcing people to spend a night in the crappy millennium Airport Hotel (ironically it's 10min from the airport) and you end up with the situation that I am in right now all because I'm on this stupid emirates skywards frequent flyer program.

I admit I'm pissed but man I've been in dubai from 9am until now 6pm (9 hours)and I am so tired. I've been awake now for around 30 hours and I have 2 huge bags so excuse my whinnying, anyway the flight is boarding now so I'm off to KSA, hopefully we will leave on time.

Dubai Airport
Dubai Airport
Dubai Airport
Dubai Airport
Dubai Airport

No comments:

Post a Comment