Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Get Lost In Lust of Europe

Being 3 weeks, as a backpacker traveling around Europe, unforgettable memory. Nobody beside, met somebody new, unexpected problems, surprises, shocks, happiness, and sadness are some excellent experience that you will find. Oh G, I do not know how to start this story. I will try to make it more informative so you can get the idea (perhaps as a reference for you while traveling) not just as a diary.

Tips, you should do these while being a traveller in Europe, go to information center (usually in central station or airport), ask must-visited places, take train plan, and contact your new friends there.

Guys, I started my long journey from Munich, then to Vienna, Prague, Berlin, Netherlands (Delft, Rotterdam, Den Haag, and Amsterdam), finally to Stuttgart. With only 600 Euros, traveled around these cities was a really good deal. Oops, I forgot to tell you that money did not include the hotel reservations. I did not reserve the hotels, I used my networking and asked my friends. Like community webs (friendster, facebook, etc), I made some new friends from my old friends. Very interesting. And you know what? Indonesians here are very nice. They will welcome you nicely, eventhough you never met them before. Trust me!

Before we start, I should provide you some interesting pictures from my beloved camera. Unfortunately, I lost it. So, I would like to take some pictures from some websites. Regards for the sources.

1st point, MUNICH.
A daily ticket = 5 Euros
As an industrial city, Munich looked so busy and fast. Everyone seemed will lose his last train. But I liked this atmosphere. It pumped my spirit for being more efficient in time and work. First place that I visited was BMW Welt (BMW's World). This sophisticated architectural building combined the showroom, park, technology exhibition room, store, and also restaurant. I spent about 4 hours for exploring this place and I was so excited since it was a bit hard finding this kind of museum in France. Here, you can find the new series of BMW from class 3, 5, until your private-coated BMW. Also you can find some information how the sophisticated BMW combined the luxury, sport, and technology. But, I missed something here, the history how the BMW went into this recent way. But, don't worry, it was free of charge.
Vienna's Rathaus
BMW Welt

As the most expensive city in Germany, Munich also offered you a nice down town - full of the modern stores-, old buildings, nice germans speaking english well, bretzel (the bread). This original bread came from Stuttgart (Parik told me) and the taste is salty, for me too salty. It will be better with butter. Good for breakfast and for your coffee will be perfect.

Fortunately, at that time, they still had annual market for christmas here. Everyone was out of their homes and got along with friends in this market. They provided christmas merchandises, foods, hot drinks, and sometimes music concerts. They seemed very lovely. If we want to compare with Indonesian culture, we can call it Pasar Malam.


Thank you so much Allen. Seperti kata Parik, ati-ati yah dirumah itu. Hihihi.


Next destination, Vienna. I took fast train from Munich, and it costed 78 Euros, spending 5 hours 21 minutes. If you're lucky, you can find special prize (promo) with only 29 Euros. Find out in www.db.de.


2nd point, Vienna Austria

A weekly ticket= 14 Euros.

Not like Munich, Vienna is a small city. With only 1 millions people, this city looked more enjoyable. I do not say there's no rush, but it was just more relax. Everyone can speak english. The prizes of stuffs looked same as in France. After arriving, we went to the famous pizzaria here, Pizza Bizi in center of town. It provided about 4 kinds of pizzas. I took fish pizza for only 2,70 Euros each. It was big enough for dinner. At that time, they still had Christmas Market and I thought it was similar like what I had in Munich. This market was placed in front of the City Hall (Rathaus). This old and famous building had 25 covered paintings. These paintings were opened each day until 25th December, the christmas day. I liked this building. Looked beautiful, combining the east culture and west culture.


Vienna's Rathaus


The most interesting place here was the Hill. Oh God, I forgot the name. Ok, let's call My Hill. You can go there by train and take a bus after. I think it was only 30 minutes from town. Here, in My Hill, you can see the Vienna. It was so wonderful. Some of visitors came here just for walking, sightseeing, but also for sport running. With snow, I realized how wonderful it is. But, for sure, in the summer or autumn, it will be more wonderful. Colored by the blue sky, green leaves, and sun, you can not imagine that. Bring your lunch, coffee, coke and getting along friends will be a perfect moment while you're in My Hill.


Hey, Rangga (Material 98, gak tahu kan kalo nih lagi ngambil PhD di Wina?), thanks man for the place. Ga nyangka bisa ketemu LFM lagi LFM lagi.


After Vienna, next destination is Prague, the City of God. From Vienna, I took train, with 56 Euros spending around 4 hours. I bought it in the Central Station directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment