Monday, November 2, 2009

Phuket - Market at Ranong Road

Regular readers of my blog would know that I like to check out the local markets where ever I visit. I like to see what the locals buy at the markets to get an insight into their food culture.

While walking around Phuket Town I bumped into this wet market at Ranong Road. I later found out that this is one of the most frequented wet markets in Phuket, though it is not very big. What they sell here is not very different from Malaysia. Lots of fresh vegetables, meat is mainly pork and chicken, lots of chili, herbs and spices, and lots of fish since Phuket is an island surrounded by the bountiful sea.

Just like in other parts of Asia, in Phuket they love their durians.

Lots of herbs, spices and anything you need for the kitchen.

You can also get cooked food at the market. This stall looked like one of the most popular here.

No comments:

Post a Comment