Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Client Case Study---Family Vacation

Today I want to share an experience I had a few months ago. But before that, I want to talk to you a little about Marcy (this is an assumed name). She's not only a great customer, she has turned to be a good friend. Marcy is the type of clients that cares so much for her family, looking for every detail that could possibly please them and something that allow her, at the same time, spend time with her grandchildren. I met her a few years ago, but we lost communication after I moved out of town. Gladly, we reconnect through Facebook and then was when she shared with me her plans on having a Family Vacation.

It was not easy to get an agreement on what she desired and on what her family was allowable to do, but she knew it was a Cruise Vacation. One of her main concerns was to bring her grandchildren, but she wanted to avoid high season and mostly not jeopardize the children with too many school absences.  I suggested her a 4 or 5 days Caribbean Cruise. I customized the search to her request and  found 4 day Southern Caribbean Cruise, departing Thursday evening and returning on Sunday morning for early February (low season). It was a itinerary, mostly because she wanted to visit that region.  But when everything seemed to be perfect, the violence in their chosen destination increased,  and making everyone had secong guess. She contactedme requesting for another destination and probably other dates. Because our good relationship, I recalled she had told me in past conversations desire to take her family to Walt Disney after their cruise Vacation, and my light bulb went off. After all our ups and downs trying to find her a good cruise, I suggested her a Disney Cruise for the exact dates of her previous booking. That was a perfect match! I ended up booking her a Family Vacation on Disney's Dream Cruise.

Marcy got so excited that she shared her trip plans with everyone she knew and that brought me a total of 5 cabins booked instead of only one. Marcy's story stick out of my memory because I learned how important is to listen to every detail a client has to say. From that date on, I always have a piece of paper in front of me while talk to any client, friend or family member because I'll never know when I'll need that information and how handy can become. For example, when I found out one Marcy's grandson's birthday was on the dates of their Family Cruise Vacation, I ordered a birthday gift for him as part of their amenities. That detail could went off my hands if I wasn't listening at every detail.

I talked with Marcy upon her arrival, she was so satisfied with the outcome of her vacation, when I asked about her grandson she said and I quote "His face was priceless". They loved the kind gesture, most of all the accommodations and shore excursions were beyond their expectations. Now Marcy is planning her 2nd Cruise and this one will be for Summer 2012. If you are planning a Family Vacation, feel free to contact me via email or phone so we can discuss your vacation plans in detail.

Leila Reyes
Travel Agent
817-554-3346

No comments:

Post a Comment